Create Healing Rituals to Release Trauma & Invoke Joy, Empowerment & the Sacred With Suzanne Sterling
Immerse yourself in the power of rituals and learn how to heighten the potency of your own — to help yourself and others move from grief, isolation, and disempowerment to personal agency, reconnection, sacred activism, and the constant presence of the Divine.
Is nothing sacred?
Watching the United States’ seat of democracy dishonored in recent events may have left some people wondering if anything is immune to the violation of what we find sacred.
And, without the symbols and places of solace people often turn to in difficult times, many feel numb, voiceless, isolated, violated, and disconnected from their usual points of grounding.
Maybe you’ve felt yourself shifting into survival mode for some time now, head down, trying to stay afloat and safe amidst the crises of our time.
What if there were experiences you could create, for yourself and others, to bring yourself into empowerment, and to reconnect with a sense of community and oneness?
For the founder of Voice of Change, Suzanne Sterling, an accomplished composer, singer, and ritualist, the most nourishing approach to re-entering the space of the Divine is ritual.
As you may know, practicing ritual can drop you into a profoundly sacred place — grounding you and elevating your consciousness down to the very cellular level.
As you may have experienced at times of loss and mourning, rituals and ceremonies can help you release stuck emotions, heal trauma, and offer you a sense of resilience and connection.
Join Suzanne in a powerful 7-part exploration of the vastly intricate elements of ritual for any circumstances in your life… using tools, sacred containers, and, most importantly, your voice.
You’ll develop a deeper, more comprehensive, and far-reaching understanding of what rituals really are and why they’re so important in this specific moment. You’ll create rituals for a variety of occasions — even everyday moments that mark the sacredness of ordinary experience.
You’ll also learn the subtle nuances of choosing which ritual components to use for cleansing, grounding, releasing trauma, reclaiming your expression, invoking the ancestors, and inspiring yourself and others toward action for change and healing.
The Transformative Power of Ritual
As Suzanne guides you through the features and experience of rituals — taking them outside the context of religion — you’ll see how adding them to your life can make any situation holy. She’ll show you many ways to incorporate rituals into your everyday life to help you appreciate and treasure the divinity and inherent joy in all things.
You’ll work with Suzanne’s own “ritual recipe” and dive deep into the various elements that can help you move through the wide range of emotions that may have arisen over the past, distinctly challenging year, and reconnect to hope and courage — with practices that recognize the sacred reality of life’s joys and sorrows and enhance the celebration of any win, big or small, and any rite of passage.
You’re sure to walk away from this 7-module journey with a more thorough understanding of the power of ritual and how to make your own rituals infinitely more robust to help you move beyond grief and find resilience — grounding yourself with the nourishing elements of this precious life.
Designing healing rituals for our times can help you step into the mythopoetic, allowing you to be an instrument of ritual and to connect with Source and the elements. If you’re ready to release feelings of separation and to liberate your consciousness, this is a powerful way of healing yourself, others, and our planet.
And… you’ll learn how to channel your sacred activism — which is so necessary for the healing of our species and our planet. Get ready to free up your creativity and self-expression, and to reconnect with your community and the world around you!
In this participatory 7-module program, you’ll discover:
- A more in-depth understanding of what a ritual is and why it’s so important as we walk the path of these historic times
- The “ritual recipe” that Suzanne uses as a framework for creating sacred practices
- The many ways to create a sacred container
- Rituals for cleansing, grounding, calling in the sacred, and amplifying your own energy and life force
- How to empower your own and others’ sense of spiritual authority
- Embodied ritual to release trauma and reclaim your expression
- How to incorporate the nature elements as practical and magical tools
- Ways to honor and invoke the ancestors and tap into the great stream of all beings
- How to reclaim your story and share it through the lens of myth and poetry
- The uses of and settings for specific rituals… such as healing, releasing, purging, honoring, celebrating, and more
- How to turn your own experience of the sacred into inspired action for change and healing
- The wide variety of rituals you can both practice and facilitate for a more sacred and just world — ways that are practical, inclusive, and engaged
What You’ll Discover in These 7 Modules
In this 7-part transformational intensive, Suzanne will guide you through the fundamental body-mind-spirit skills you’ll need to create and perform rituals that move you into joy and empowerment.
This course will feature step-by-step teachings and experiential practices with Suzanne. Each session will build harmoniously upon the previous ones, so you’ll develop a complete holistic understanding of the practices, tools, and principles you’ll need to create your own rituals to help yourself and others move from grief, isolation, and disempowerment to personal agency, reconnection, and the constant presence of the sacred.
Module 1: Why Ritual & Why Now? — Heal the Impact of These Trying Times by Reconnecting With Yourself, Others & the Sacred
These are intense times filled with loss, confusion and a growing need for sacred connection with yourself, others, and Source.
This opening session begins by acknowledging the impact of the current dramatic circumstances we’re living in and exploring ritual as a healing force in our own lives and in the world. You’ll explore how many of us have been separated from a sense of the Sacred… and ways to counter that separation with rituals of connection.
You’ll discover simple tools designed for cleansing, grounding, and opening to experience a more regulated nervous system… so you can begin to access your inspired and creative soul.
You’ll also learn how to:
- Release grief, fatigue, and overwhelm and support a more resourced nervous system
- Apply cleansing and grounding tools to clear and amplify your own energy and life force
- Develop a grounding and centering personal practice
- Become your own spiritual authority, able to connect with the Sacred
- Tap into your innate health, creativity, and intelligence
Module 2: Explore the History & Elements of Ritual as a Sacred Practice
What is ritual? How do we craft containers for transformation that are both effective and participatory?
In this second module, Suzanne will offer numerous definitions of ritual and how to cultivate the presence of the Sacred in your everyday life. You’ll explore the history of ritual and how it has evolved. Suzanne will present the common elements of rituals worldwide, and discuss the important topic of respecting but not appropriating the sacred practices of the world.
She’ll also guide you in a step-by-step method for creating rituals that are practical, nourishing, and authentic.
In this class, you’ll:
- Learn how to build a ritual from start to finish by following Suzanne’s “ritual recipe” — and understand why ritual is so important
- Experience your own felt sense and enhance your empathic abilities and self-awareness
- Create powerful containers for transformation
- Practice creating a container, sensing yourself and the space around you
Module 3: Reclaim Your Voice & Your Life Force Through Trauma-Healing Ritual
In this session, you’ll learn how trauma and stress impact your body and our world.
Suzanne will show you how to use simple trauma healing tools to release and shift trauma into resilience. You’ll explore how to access, move, and amplify your own life force and your self-expression as the main tools for building rituals of healing.
You’ll call your voice back from whenever you’ve relinquished it, or where it’s been taken from you — and learn to use your own sensitivity and resilience to catalyze personal and collective healing.
During this session you’ll:
- Use embodied ritual to release trauma and reclaim your expression
- Discover how to run your own energy in healing and potent ways
- Experience using simple trauma tools as magical helpers
- Start to awaken, strengthen, and reclaim your voice as your power
- Practice raising, changing, and containing energy and reclaiming your voice
Module 4: Use the Power of the Word to Invoke Ancestors & Elemental Energies as Sacred Allies
In this module, Suzanne will guide you to explore the power of the word to create and change us. She’ll show you how to use your words to deepen and support the intention of your ritual.
You’ll discover the importance of engaging with elemental energies, directions, seasons, and other cycles — to align with the natural forces that can amplify our healing rituals.
You’ll learn how to honor and invoke ancestors as your sacred allies, and create powerful and specific invocations and prayers that support the shifts you’re seeking.
Suzanne will help you:
- Incorporate the nature elements as practical and magical tools
- Honor and invoke ancestors and tap into the great stream of all beings
- Align with the directions, seasons, and cycles of the year
- Cultivate a connection between personal will and Divine will
- Craft short, beautiful, and effective invocations
Module 5: Examine Myth, Poetry & Your Stories to Transform Pain Into Resilience
This class was created to explore the history of myth, story, and Deity as a way to understand the human experience. You’ll experience how ritual can lead you into mythopoetic realms of consciousness.
You’ll have the opportunity to tell your own story — working with your pain, resilience, tipping points, and course corrections — and begin to view your life as mythical and powerful. And as you reclaim the narrative from the modern entertainment industry, you’ll learn to perceive your own life as a story worth living and telling.
You’ll also explore the many kinds of transformations that can occur within ritual spaces, and how to work with myth and story as a way to understand and transform your own human experience.
This session will offer you the opportunity to:
- Reclaim your story and share it through the lens of myth and poetry
- Work with one myth to investigate and catalyze your own growth
- Learn about the many uses of ritual… such as healing, release, purging, honoring, celebrating, and more
- Cultivate relationship with Deity and your inner guidance
Module 6: Become an Empowered & Sacred Vehicle for Healing & Liberation
At this point in the journey, you’ll be ready to engage with a radical analysis of power — including power over, power under, power within, and power with.
You’ll practice using ritual as a way to refute the oppression of life force and eros. You’ll examine systemic oppression and how to create rituals that are inclusive and evolutionary…
… and you’ll discover how a true empirical experience of the Sacred inspires a sacred responsibility for all life.
Suzanne will show you how to infuse your actions with relational and connective skills… and help you liberate your creative imagination from colonization and conformity and step boldly into collective purpose.
In this module you’ll explore how to:
- Remove blocks and recognize your true power from within and with others
- Embrace your wildness and aliveness
- Empower your own and others’ sense of spiritual authority
- Engage in a practice that helps you find your pathway to purpose and action
- Turn your own experience of the Sacred into inspired action for change and healing
- Create rituals for change that are practical, inclusive, and engaged
Module 7: Design Rituals & Bring Them Into the World To Create Joy, Nourishment, Connection & Justice
As this course comes to a close, you’ll examine the process of designing different rituals for numerous settings and occasions. Suzanne will guide you to create rituals to bring forth a sense of the Sacred in subtle and seamless ways.
You’ll come to understand the need for and power of collective joy in these times… and engage your own innate creative abilities to vision a world of justice, connection, nourishment, and joy.
In this final session, you’ll learn how to:
- Design rituals for many different settings
- Create stealth rituals that bring connection and healing to the most unlikely of situations
- Ignite the power of collective joy
- Trust your own creative abilities
- Create a ritual to vision the co-creation of a more sacred and just world
Create Healing Rituals to Release Trauma & Invoke Joy, Empowerment & the Sacred With Suzanne Sterling